Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE NIC bonding Bond-interface 0

vaibhgupta157
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am connecting interfaces Gi0 and Gi1 to different switches and configure Bond interface-0. I hope Bond-0 will act as management as well as runtime interface.

Can someone confirm, in case of primary interface(Gi0) failure, will bond interface continue to act for management as Gi1 does not support management??

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Yes. Bonding supports management services.

View solution in original post

eddiem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vaibhav,

Regarding the concern you had about connecting your two bonded interface to different switches, I confirmed with the test team that scenario was never tested. That said, development and test teams agreed it should make no difference what switch the interfaces are plugged in to. When the primary interface in a bond fails, the secondary interface picks up all traffic that was previously handled by the primary.  It could be management or runtime, or both.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

Yes. Bonding supports management services.

eddiem
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Vaibhav,

Regarding the concern you had about connecting your two bonded interface to different switches, I confirmed with the test team that scenario was never tested. That said, development and test teams agreed it should make no difference what switch the interfaces are plugged in to. When the primary interface in a bond fails, the secondary interface picks up all traffic that was previously handled by the primary.  It could be management or runtime, or both.