cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE NTP Time Source

PutmanoAIT
Level 1
Level 1

I have implement Cisco ISE as TACACS server, I configured NTP point to my AD server for time synchronization. Unfortunately ISE always select LOCAL(*127.127.1.0) as a time source. Does we have any configuration to force the ISE to sync time with AD? Thank for your kindly support.

ISE-NTP.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems to me the main issue is that your AD servers are both of Stratum 16. Clock_strata explains that

... The upper limit for stratum is 15; stratum 16 is used to indicate that a device is unsynchronized. ...

Please check on support documents on Microsoft servers for troubleshooting. For example,

[2018-Mar-29] Looking at it again, I think your AD servers are not responding to NTP requests from ISE, because the column "reach" showing 0. Please troubleshoot that issue first.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi bbharathan,

How can I get into Cisco ISE root level?

Thanks.

We don’t let you into root level.

I would recommend making sure your NTP source is a good one per the document

Tac can assist in troubleshooting

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It seems to me the main issue is that your AD servers are both of Stratum 16. Clock_strata explains that

... The upper limit for stratum is 15; stratum 16 is used to indicate that a device is unsynchronized. ...

Please check on support documents on Microsoft servers for troubleshooting. For example,

[2018-Mar-29] Looking at it again, I think your AD servers are not responding to NTP requests from ISE, because the column "reach" showing 0. Please troubleshoot that issue first.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: