cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE password expiration for Admin account issue

bberry
Level 1
Level 1

OK .. we have been working on getting ISE up and running for a little while now and I have come across an odd and reoccurring issue with my admin accounts. I cannot figure out if there is something that we have missed in the setup or if there is and actual issue with the password policies. It seems that there is a "user" type password policy and then there is an "admin" type policy and am trying ti figure out if they are stepping on each other or something. I am running version 1.2.0.899 with patch 5,1.

Here is the issue. I have started receiving password expiration reminders for the two admin accounts I have setup on the cluster. I have my address setup for an admin user named "admin" and an admin user named "wberry" and I receive two different e-mails for both accounts. The issue that I have is the dates listed in the e-mails. This is one e-mail that I get:

The password for your local admin "wberry" is expiring on Mon Jun 01 09:43:03 CDT 2015. Please update immediately, by going to https://mem7700.spd.mli.corp/admin, signing-in, and clicking on the user name at the upper right corner.

This is the second email that I get for the same account:

Your network access password will expire on Thu Dec 03 08:43:03 CST 2015. Please contact your system administrator for assistance .

As you can see the dates in the two messages are completely different. My admin policy is set with expired 180 days after creation and last change and the reminder is set to 10 days prior to expiration. The user password policy lifetime is also 365 days if password not changed with the reminder after 355 days. 

Thoughts / recommendations.

Brent

0 Replies 0