cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE PIC license enforcement

Eric Pineda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Does ISE PIC have actual license enforcement?

There are two ISE PIC licenses:

Standard 3,000 session PIC license R-ISE-PIC-VM-K9=

Upgrade for 300,000 sessions L-ISE-PIC-UPG=

Right now we are having an issue installing the upgrade license, what happens if customer exceeds the 3,000 session limit of the base one?

Thanks,

Eric.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

There is no enforcement in version 2.2.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

moved to PIC community

Eric Pineda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Any update on this? There is a concern of how ISE will handle going above 3000 sessions. Historically we wouldn't affect authentications, but not sure if it is different with sessions.

There is no enforcement in version 2.2.

Regards,

-Tim

Timothy,

For clarification, currently ISE PIC is based for ISE 2.2 so to be clear then without ISE PIC Upgrade license the 3,000 session limit is not enforced so oversubscription is possible since we are currently unable to install the ISE PIC Upgrade license? 

I just want to ensure I am understanding correctly.

Nicholas,

Many people confuse license verses license enforcement. Over subscription is possible but would be a violation of the license agreement unless the upgrade license is purchased. Cisco may in the future choose to enforce the licensing and we would not want anyone to get caught short. While they need not install the upgrade license key today, they still need the license if they go over 3,000 sessions.

Best Regards, Kevin

Hi,

I have Virtual Installed and Looking for Its licensing.

I can see   ISE-VM-K9 in UDI Information. Is this ISE or ISE PIC and what licenses I needs.

Are the licenses free or paid.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: