Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Posture based on OS version

misinsuan2229
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community,

Is there anyway I can include posture to check OS version on Windows or MAC. Policy will be to check if  the Windows is 7 or 10 for compliance and other version will be non-compliant?

We are doing ISE Posture POC in our company and one requirement is having to check Windows OS version, allow only Windows 7&10.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried using a simple dictionary condition?  There is an attribute for "Endpoints:OperatingSystem" that will allow you to specifiy the OS version you want to check for.

Regards,

-Tim

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Timothy Abbott
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Have you tried using a simple dictionary condition?  There is an attribute for "Endpoints:OperatingSystem" that will allow you to specifiy the OS version you want to check for.

Regards,

-Tim

Hi Timothy,

the dictionary condition on Policy can only check Windows or Mac, etc, but not really on the OS version like Windows 10 vs Windows 7, is there anyway with it? Maybe I am missing something.

You can create a condition to check the registry entry under - HKLM "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion  

Check the CurrentVersion filed or the ProductName field. 

Thanks,

Nidhi

Thanks, 

I was wondering what should be given in the value field.

direcondition.jpg

ISE does not accept spaces

direcondition1.jpg

That's the condition's name, not the attribute. You can call it: Windows_7_Check. 

Look at the limitations in the textbox you provided.

Hello,

I have tried this simple dictionary condition but I am unable to call this condition into the requirements. I have not able to see that option into condition part

Hi @AshwinChougule11 ,

please take a look at the following post: Enforcing OS version using ISE.

Hope this helps !!!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: