cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE posture check fails

peter.matuska1
Level 1
Level 1

hi, we have a problem with posture failing when the PC is connected behind the cisco ip phone. The problem is like this:

the ip phone powered via PoE suddenly loses connections and turns off -> port is down. So the port on PC goes down as well.

When the phone powers up, the port on the PC goes up as well and the whole process starts -> authentication and posture check. The problem is that during the boot up process of the phone, the phone goes down again (seen on the switch and PC) but the posture is still in progress and sometimes it tries to send the result of the posture check when the port is down so the posture fails with notification Failed to contact policy server. Contact your system administrator. There is also Try again button to run the posture again. And sometimes the posture finishes successfully. Is there any way to set up some kind of backoff timer and start the posture check 15seconds after the interface goes up?

thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

imbashir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discover timer values from agent side are very much hard-coded and not configurable via UI, I would recommend exploring the option of posture-lease with PRA of min values

Thanks

Imran

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

imbashir
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Discover timer values from agent side are very much hard-coded and not configurable via UI, I would recommend exploring the option of posture-lease with PRA of min values

Thanks

Imran

updated post with video

I would suggest you work with the tac on debugging and coming up with a solution to this

They will look at agent logs suggest fixes and open bugs where needed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: