Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE posture - hardware and application cleanup/purge

Barney
Level 1
Level 1

Hello to all,

I have couple of questions regarding the ISE posture, mainly focused on existing collected data.

We have hardware and application requirements enabled. So eventually, I can see hundreds of HWs and APPs in the ISE context visibility. 

The thing is, I wanted to do a little cleanup of the old not current data. I simply cannot find the place in the ISE administration where I can do this. I am aware of endpoint purge, but this is not the case here.

Lets say, I want to remove all HW and APP data collected by ISE posture. How can I achieve my goal? The GUI menu where I can look for all of this data is basically a read only menu. 

I was looking in the documentation and also I tried to google it but no luck so far.

Thanks for any help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Endpoint purge is the only thing I can think of here.  Why would endpoint purge not work for your scenario? 

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Endpoint purge is the only thing I can think of here.  Why would endpoint purge not work for your scenario? 

Hello ahollifield, thank you for your response. 

I guess it should help as an ultimate solution. But the thing is we have tens of thousands endpoints on the list and there is just maybe 1500 endpoints I would like to purge the HW and APP data. And definitely I do not want to purge MAB list endpoints and Guest endpoints. 

For MAB and Guest endpoints I guess I could leverage the "Never Purge" section of purge policy.

EDIT: Eventually I fixed my issue with endpoint purge policy. I kept the MAB list endpoints and purged all other endpoints. But still, I had tens of endpoints in HW and APP lists so I just manually removed it. It is possible to remove particular endpoints via hardware tab. But you need to click on each of them and remove them separately.

Hi @Barney ,

please take a look at Reset ISE Context Visibility (to "start from scratch"), it might be an option for you.

Hope this helps !!!

Hello Marcelo,

Thank you, noted.