Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Profiling for Wireless Devices (WLC 5508) like Laptops and Mobile Devices

Pranav Gade
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have integrated WLC 5508 to cisco ise 3315 with ios 1.1.1 and using Guest Sponsor portal for wireless guest users.

Where we have created open ssid in wlc and redirect web login portal in wlc for guest  users. We have enable all respective node in policy service for profiling and also configure snmp in wlc as well as in ise.

When guest user is connected to open ssid its get redirected to web login page of ise portal and when it gets login we are  only able to see the username which guest user login but not the end device in monitoring log.

Wireless End devices are not able to get profiled can any one tell me what configuration I need to do on ise or wlc side to profiled end guest wireless device like android,iphone and laptops

Thanks

Pranav

7 Replies 7

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you check and see if the profiling services are turned on under Administration > Deployment tab? Also if you check the endpoint database do you see any of the endpoints that came through the guest ssid?

Also what version of code are you running on the WLC? Is it 7.2.110 (it allows you to run mac filtering with Radius NAC).

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Hi Tarik,

We are having wlc 5508 with 7.0 ios . I have enabled all profiling node in deplyoment tab of policy service node .

Where in we are only want to profiled end user guest wirless device we dont want to posture them.

Thanks

Pranav

Pranav,

Can you check your endpoint database to see if there are any mac addresses learned?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Yes tarik I am able see to mac address with assigned to endpoint profile in endpoints in identity group. But I am not able to see this same in authentication log..

Thanks

Pranav

Pranav,

Please post a screenshot of your authentication report. By any chance are you statically assigning these users to an endpoint identity group?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Hi Tarikh,

I only want to identify the end devices for wilress guest user. I have configured MAB Authentication and configure autorization policy where in mention identity group any condition as wlc web authentication and athorization profile only guest mentioning plain access for the same.

Can you help me how I can achived profiling for wirless guest devices. I have configured all profiling probes . Enable snmp on wlc as well as in network devices.

What else I need to configured to achived just identiting device nothing but profiling and which should reflect in authnetication logs.

Thanks

Pranav

What probes do you have running? Also under the profiling policy have you made created matching identity groups for the device types you want to profile? Does it show anything on your Home screen under profiled endpoints?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App