Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - "Misconfigured Network Device Detected" Alarm

OrkhanRustamli
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I am getting a lot of "Misconfigured Network Device Detected" alarms from one of my newly added device in ISE. I know that this usually means either misconfigured secret key and deleting and adding device and key on device side is solving the issue but the problem is after each of this alaram there is next "fixed" alarm coming like in below attached screenshot:

Capture.PNG

What can be the cause of this issue? Is it bug and do I need to disable the alarm?

6 Replies 6

El_Woutro
Level 1
Level 1

Maybe the configured IP is already in use for another device that is working correctly?

Nope, not a option.

Mike.Cifelli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

This can occur if the NAD sends multiple accounting events in a given time. You can configure ISE to suppress and ignore repeated updates within a configured window.  See Administration->System->Settings->Protocols->RADIUS.  Also, for a deeper understanding take a peek at the 'Radius Settings' section found here: https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/Workflow/b_threat_containment_2_4.htmlacct_ise_LI.jpg

How frequently the alarms are coming and what network device it is (WLC/switch).

After each 1 or 2 hours! Device is WLC

If you have not done so, you might check your WLC configuration against the Top Six Important Cisco WLC settings for ISE integration