cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE: Radius live log: no data founf after changfing the primary PAN

naoki_Japan
Spotlight
Spotlight

My network is using distributed deployment of ISE(primary PAN and secondary PAN).

tmy network configuration is below as normal.

PAN X:  admin(Primary) Mnt(Primary)

PAN Y: admin(secondary) Mnt(Primary)

As a part of test of promotion, I halted PAN X by the command "application stop ise" and "halt" and promtoed the PAN Y as primary PAN.

the configuration after the promotion of PAN Y is below.

PAN X : admin(Secondary) Mnt (Primary)

PAN Y: admin (Primary) Mnt(Secondary)

After the manual  promotion of PAN Y, I cannnot any authentication data log on the panel "radius > live logs"

why this happens???

How solve this?

I temporarilly fixed this probelm by changing the MnT role.
Is there other way to fix this without changing the MnT role?

※I use ISE 3.0, and NTP is correctly syncronized.

5 Replies 5

Hi @naoki_Japan ,

if my understanding is correct, you stop and halt the PPAN before promoting the SPAN just for test, is that correct?

Any Alarms on Home? For example Queue Link Error alarm?

Hope this helps !!!

your understanging is correct.

Sorry, I cannot confirm it currently.

but, do you know any alrams wihch may be related to this problem ?

I mean, for example, if there is Queue Link Error alarm on the alarm panel, does Queue Link Error have possibility to be related to this problem?

I wanna know alarms which may cause this problem as far as you know.

Hi @naoki_Japan ,

for Queue Link Error, please take a look at: CSCvp45528 - Queue Link Error alarm.

Symptom:
1. Queue Link Error alarm constantly generated on ISE dashboard,
2. Health Status and live logs are unavailable when "ISE Messaging Service for UDP Syslogs delivery to MnT" is enabled.

Note: for a list of Alarms, please check: ISE 2.7 Alarms.

Hope this helps !!!

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

ISE 3.0 has the fix for CSCvp45528. Also, the live log is working after manually toggled Y as the primary MnT. I do not see it an issue on Queue Link Error or related to ISE messaging.

Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 3.1 > Chapter: Deployment > Monitoring Node says,

... If the primary MnT goes down, the primary PAN points to the secondary node to gather monitoring data. ...

If possible, please work with Cisco TAC to recreate.

thank you for advice.

I opened the ticekt to Cisco TAC about this case.

Given the below description which you pointed, there is an problem I can think of. 

> Cisco Identity Services Engine Administrator Guide, Release 3.1 > Chapter: Deployment > Monitoring Node says,

> ... If the primary MnT goes down, the primary PAN points to the secondary node to gather monitoring data. ...

If the administartor configure the ISE deployment as I do this time (I mean the Primadn PAN has primary MnT role), who can tell the secondary notde to gather monitoring data when the Primary PAN goes down?