Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE reimage to 1.2, cant load install software

Alejandro Moran
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

We have some ISE 3355 servers ready to configure, out of the box, and we want to upgrade them to version 1.2 before configuring them. I got the iso image for 1.2 but Im having problems with the reimage process.

I have been able to run the reimage process on 2 out of 4 devices, but at this moment, the reimage process gets stuck after I choose the boot optios trying to load the initrd.img file...

boot: 1

loading vmlinuz.............................................................

Loading initrd.img..........................................................

Did have the same problem with the second device, but after letting it start all the way down without booting with the dvd and running the setup program, I was able to reboot, boot from the ISE 1.2 dvd and load the reimage process...

Am I doing something wrong?... the reimage link doesnt provide any help... and its the same thing I´ve been doing...

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/installation_guide/ise_installing_on_NAC-AC.html#wp1197454

Any help is much appreciated!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to try using a 1.1.4 iso to see if you can reimage the device and then run the upgrade to 1.2.

Also I have the best luck using activeiso burner when I burn any iso images. Give that a try if you can before attempting the 1.1.4 then upgrade to 1.2

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You may want to try using a 1.1.4 iso to see if you can reimage the device and then run the upgrade to 1.2.

Also I have the best luck using activeiso burner when I burn any iso images. Give that a try if you can before attempting the 1.1.4 then upgrade to 1.2

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

thanks Tarik, I'll give it a try!

It was the ISO burner... I burned again the iso dvd and worked perfectly.

Thanks for the help.

Muhammad Munir
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Alejandro

If you do not have access to this DVD, you can download the Cisco ISE Release 1.2 software

from the Cisco Software Download Site at:

http://www.cisco.com/public/sw-center/index.shtml.

You will be required to provide your Cisco.com credentials.

When the Cisco Identity Services Engine ISE VM Appliance (ISE Software Version 1.2.0.xxx) DVD

boots, the console displays:

Welcome to Cisco ISE

To boot from the hard disk press

Available boot options:

[1] Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation (Monitor/Keyboard)

[2] Cisco Identity Services Engine Installation (Serial Console)

[3] Reset Administrator Password (Keyboard/Monitor)

[4] Reset Administrator Password (Serial Console)

Boot from hard disk

Please enter boot option and press .

boot: 1

You can choose either the monitor and keyboard port, or the console port to perform the initial setup.

At the system prompt, type 1 to choose a monitor and keyboard port, or type 2 to choose a console port,

and press Enter.

This starts the installation of the Cisco ISE software on the VMware system.

For more information this link will definitely be helpful to you.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.2/upgrade_guide/b_ise_upgrade_guide_chapter_01.html