Helpful
Replies

ISE - renamed NAD

cpaquet
Level 1
Level 1

ISE v2.3

C3850 15.2

Hostname of C3850 was Sw14.   It was rename Sw29, both on the switch (hostname command) and within ISE (Administration > Network Resources > Network Devices > ).

When looking at Live log, endpoint connecting into that C3825 are reported as connected to Sw14, the old name of the switch.

Is there something what we can do to have the new name of the C3825 appearing in the Live logs?

Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @cpaquet 

that's not normal at all. I just tested with ISE 2.4 patch 8 and when I rename the NAS in ISE, it reflects the new name back in the LiveLogs in under a minute.  We are using an all-in-one ISE node, but in theory this should be the same for a distributed deployment.

I would not want to suggest any other drastic moves - best to get TAC involved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

I have noticed this too - it takes ISE a while to play catch up. Not sure why, but I think it's a side effect of the SQL database logic that's used under the covers. The PSN's may not have received the update in real time and they are the ones that send the SYSLOG events to the MnT.  How long have you waited since the change took place?

Over 4 weeks ago.

Hi @cpaquet 

that's not normal at all. I just tested with ISE 2.4 patch 8 and when I rename the NAS in ISE, it reflects the new name back in the LiveLogs in under a minute.  We are using an all-in-one ISE node, but in theory this should be the same for a distributed deployment.

I would not want to suggest any other drastic moves - best to get TAC involved.

The only time I have seen behavior that is similar to this is when using trustsec. You can have a mix up with the cts credentials vs NAD names.

Ok, will call TAC.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: