cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Report Export 500 lines only

paul
Level 10
Level 10

I am starting to see on a few of my ISE 2.3 customers that the reports are being limited to 500 lines both in the report in ISE and on the local CSV export.  The repository export works just fine.  I have other 2.3 customers that can do up to 5000 lines which is what the reports should be limited to.

Any thoughts on why this is showing up?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Ise is not a long term repository or built as a reporting engine. You can send syslog to splunk if you have this need

Would suggest you provide feedback in the upper right of the UI their is a mechanism in the pull downs

We don’t discuss futures on public community

View solution in original post

To be fair, the functionality exists, just not if you export direct. The export to repo as csv gives you all of the data if you don't mind grabbing it from the export location.

For me with access to ftp and ise, this is a non issue. I could see how it might be an issue if you don't have an easily accessible ftp.

View solution in original post

12 Replies 12

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The only known issue I am aware is CSCvh32034 but it specific to active sessions report and repository exports also have the issue.

We would need more info, such as which report(s) and check DEBUG log files, etc. Good to engage Cisco TAC.

That bug is not visible to me. I am seeing this in the RADIUS authentication report not the Current Active Sessions report. I will open a TAC case on it.

Paul Haferman

Office- 920.996.3011

Cell- 920.284.9250

I did open a TAC case on this, 683910973.  TAC is telling me the bug is only going to be fixed in 2.4.  I am not sure if this is even this right bug as this is affecting all reports. 

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Let's take it offline and follow it up with TAC directly.

hslai

Has there been any updates/fixes on this? I am currently running in to the same issue on ISE 2.3 patch 2.

It turns out the local CSV export in recent ISE releases is now limited to 500 due to performance concerns. Please export to a repository for any results > 500 entries.

Just curios, performance concerns for what? 500 line lines is mostly useless.

Sent from my iPhone

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I think it's along the line that ISE app server needs to buffer the query result sets into memory for local CSV exports.

I'm not sure I like this decision, especially with the introduction of the larger Nodes like the Super MnT. A warning is fine but give me the option of slowing down my MnT/PAN to run some reports.

What a stupid design. Is there any possibility to improve this function in the future release?

Ise is not a long term repository or built as a reporting engine. You can send syslog to splunk if you have this need

Would suggest you provide feedback in the upper right of the UI their is a mechanism in the pull downs

We don’t discuss futures on public community

To be fair, the functionality exists, just not if you export direct. The export to repo as csv gives you all of the data if you don't mind grabbing it from the export location.

For me with access to ftp and ise, this is a non issue. I could see how it might be an issue if you don't have an easily accessible ftp.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: