cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Reports notification

descalante2007
Level 1
Level 1

I’m generating scheduled reports to get Guest Activity sent to an FTP repository every hour.

The dialog box to schedule, includes a field to indicate an email where a notification should be sent.

I can get the report on the FTP repository as expected but any email is sent to the address indicated in the dialog box.

I know the SMTP server is configured and running ok because when an sponsor creates a guest account the password is properly sent.

So I think , the notification does not work or I’m missing something.

Another issue is when a report is exported, a pop-up is displayed indicating an email with instructions will be sent. I don’t know who should this email be sent to. Is it possible to configure the destination somewhere?

The ISE version is 1.2.0.899 (patch 4)

Anyone can give me an advise or assistance.

Regards

Daniel Escalante

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

I have just replicated your scenario.  It seems that no matter the mail address you enter into the scheduled report window, it still emails the notification to the address listed for the logged in user.  Check that by clicking the username in the top right of the window.

This will show a window with the properties of the currently logged in user.  If there is an email address listed, the notifications should be going there.  If there is no email address, enter one and click Save.

That should fix it for you.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Daniel,

I have just replicated your scenario.  It seems that no matter the mail address you enter into the scheduled report window, it still emails the notification to the address listed for the logged in user.  Check that by clicking the username in the top right of the window.

This will show a window with the properties of the currently logged in user.  If there is an email address listed, the notifications should be going there.  If there is no email address, enter one and click Save.

That should fix it for you.

Please Rate Helpful posts and mark this question as answered if, in fact, this does answer your question.  Otherwise, feel free to post follow-up questions.

Charles Moreton

Thank you Charles.

I wonder which version are you running? Or maybe you have the exception indicated below, set in your server.

TAC confirmed a bug with the reported issue CSCul76201.

https://tools.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCul76201/?reffering_site=dumpcr

When ISE is configured for an email notification to be sent when a scheduled report is generated, the source email address of the report notification mail is always "root@<ise_hostname>". Some production email servers might reject such source address and exceptions need to be created on the email servers.

This is why we are unable to receive the email notification that has been sent by ISE.

Regards.

Daniel Escalante

I am running v1.2 Patch 6 and the source email address is from "root@<hostname>.<domainname>

I have included a screenshot.

Thank you.

I see it is accord with the documented bug and your comments above.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: