cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE SAML with Google IdP

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Google is not listed as a tested SAML IdP in the Release Notes for ISE 2.1.

Are there plans to test/validate Google IdP against either ISE 2.1 or 2.2?

We have a large retailer that has expressed interest in ISE, but they are moving to Google as an ID source for some specific groups.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As ISE 2.1 supports SAML 2.0 generically, we are testing with a selective set of IdPs. Customers and partners are welcome to try any SAML 2.0 compliant IdPs themselves.

Please direct roadmap items to our product management team.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

As ISE 2.1 supports SAML 2.0 generically, we are testing with a selective set of IdPs. Customers and partners are welcome to try any SAML 2.0 compliant IdPs themselves.

Please direct roadmap items to our product management team.

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not sure if you are still looking at Google SAML Idp integration with ISE, but here is one you can use:

Google Suite Guest SSO (Single Sign On) with ISE via SAML for Chromebooks

lul3
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

May I check if we tested the same (ISE with google SAML ldp) on Windows/Mac OS please?

As per the ISE Admin Guide, SAML IdP is only supported for Portal-based authentications. It cannot currently be used in conjunction with 802.1x for endpoint authentication.

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks Greg!

After 3 years, do you know is there any change ?

Similar question posted on another topic... SAML is browser-based, so it would require some significant updates to existing EAP protocols or a new EAP protocol to provide this functionality. This is not an ISE limitation, but rather an industry-wide limitation.

Saied Ehsan Alavi Fazel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for the post, can you clarify if the authenticatation domain is limitted to the G-Suite users or can authenticate against any google account?

The reason for asking is, my customer is looking to allow anyone with google account to be able to sing on into their guest WiFi, the above works well on my test lab with only users within my g-suite domain. I used a generic google account to sign on and getting 403 error: app_not_configured_for_user. (it may well be a configuration error, however before I go further, I wanted to check as if I am on the right track)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Ise doesn't support Google accounts for guest wifi

Ise 2.3 just added Facebook as a social media provider

You would need to check with google if this could be extended