cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements
Announcements
Choose one of the topics below to view our ISE Resources to help you on your journey with ISE

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted

ISE Self-Registered Guest Portal -- Automatic Portal Popup

We're using the self-registered guest portal for our wireless guest users and it does work but the user has to first attempt to browse to something on the internet first. Is there a way to automatically redirect the user to this portal without requiring that they browse to some site first? I also notice that it has to be a site that isn't really in the cache for the redirect to work. If I browse to a site that I always browse to, the redirect doesn't occur and we just get a page can't be displayed but if I browse to a site I rarely go to, the redirect pops right up. Thoughts? Thanks 

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

If you are using a Cisco WLC

If you are using a Cisco WLC must likely you have the "captive portal bypass" enabled. This is enabled via CLI with the command config network web-auth captive-bypass {enable | disable}.

If you enable it, the pop-up won't work. If you disable it, you will get the popup. However, is important to mention that the self-registration process might not work because the popup uses a pseudo-browser. I recommend that you enable it and test with a few devices to validate that it works. Also, keep in mind that changing the status if this feature requires a WLC reboot.

Twitter: berna_tllz