Helpful
Replies

ISE sends the old self-signed certificate instead of the newly one

rezaalikhani
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all;

Look at the following figure1.png:

As you can see, I replaced the ISE self-signed certificate with my domain-based certificate. But, when I want to connect ISE with a domain joined computer (so, the root CA certificate that ISE uses, also has been installed on that system), ISE advertises its previous self-signed cert:

2.png

3.png

I am using ISE 3.2 Patch 1 in my lab...

Any ideas?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i have not come across any issue before, try remove and re-installing again and test it.

On the end device try delete any old root certs were associated for the old one ?

Note : other option before re-installing - Close the browser - clear the cache and reboot the PC and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The node on which the certificate is installed is the one handling the authentication request, right? If yes then maybe the change didn't get reflected at the DB level. Can you try reloading the node and check?

Removing the old cert and re-installing it, solved the issue...

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i have not come across any issue before, try remove and re-installing again and test it.

On the end device try delete any old root certs were associated for the old one ?

Note : other option before re-installing - Close the browser - clear the cache and reboot the PC and test it.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thanks for your reply;

As you can see in my post, this is not the browser issue, as ISE is advertising its previously self-signed certificate, instead of the newly added certificate.

Nancy Saini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The node on which the certificate is installed is the one handling the authentication request, right? If yes then maybe the change didn't get reflected at the DB level. Can you try reloading the node and check?

I have reloaded the server several times but the issue persists...

I would also try an incognito browser as I have seen the browser not reflect the change even though the cert has changed.

This is my exact problem...

Removing the old cert and re-installing it, solved the issue...