cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE SNS-3595-K9 Etherchannel

MAGNUS SVENSSON
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to connect the SNS-3595-K9 with etherchannel to my 6509 chassi, and if so how do I do that ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not think you can do port-channel on the 6500 with 2 interfaces of ISE. But, as of ISE 2.1, you can bond 2 interfaces together into a Bonded interface to allow for link redundancy. More information here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide21/b_ise_InstallationGuide21_chapter_0101.html#id_18597

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Rahul Govindan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I do not think you can do port-channel on the 6500 with 2 interfaces of ISE. But, as of ISE 2.1, you can bond 2 interfaces together into a Bonded interface to allow for link redundancy. More information here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-1/install_guide/b_ise_InstallationGuide21/b_ise_InstallationGuide21_chapter_0101.html#id_18597

Rahul is 100% correct here. Port-channeling (PAgP, LACP, etc) is not supported in ISE. Interface bonding is the only option at the moment. 

Thank you for rating helpful posts!

Hi Rahul,
On the Cisco switch side which connected to Cisco ISE, what is port configuration that I need to configure?
Is it port-channel with mode 'on'?

Thank you
Arie

Hello, i am also in this situation, i want to know what configuration required at switch end. i need to configure port-channel.

Hi Rahul,

When I use the bonding feature, what would be the configuration at the switch side where the ISE interfaces will be configured. I think it should be configured as access ports. Please advise.

Regards

The current ISE feature is NIC Bonding for High Availability and networking:bonding [Linux Foundation Wiki] says,

... The active-backup, balance-tlb and balance-alb modes do not require any specific configuration of the switch. ... 

MAGNUS SVENSSON
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks. It looks like the SNS-3595-K9 is built on the UCS platform, so for the Cisco engineres to get the etherchannel working should not be a problem.... 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: