Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Sponsor Portal - how to delete large groups of accounts

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hi

ISE 2.2 patch 2.  The .csv file is great for importing large groups of accounts.  But I am struggling to find a way to delete those accounts in an efficient manner.  The Manage Accounts tab allows me to select up to 10 accounts by placing a check in the topmost checkbox.  But if I want to delete 300 accounts I have to do this 30 times.

I have even tagged 300 accounts with the same tag - and I can find those accounts again by tag (great feature) - but I still cannot delete more than 10 accounts at a time.

Before I open a TAC case, does anyone have other suggestions (apart from the REST API ?) ... I would like this to be an easy option via the GUI - and/or even allow deletions via the .csv import - I imagine the import could have an Actions field for Create/Delete/Update or such like.

I am aware that there is account expiration - but the use case relates to house-keeping, where the customer wants to delete a group of accounts when he knows those users no longer need them, even if it's prior to account expiration.

The User Guide below doesn't offer any advice.

Sponsor Portal User Guide for Cisco Identity Services Engine, Release 2.2 - Cisco

cheers

Arne

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately beside the API this is the only way

Please bring this up to the Ise product manager through the sales teams

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

dazza_johnson
Level 5
Level 5

You could purge all guest accounts here (click on "Purge Now");

Its not so useful though if there are some guest accounts you want to keep (i.e. that you don't want to purge).

Capture.PNG

This option only purges expired Accounts and i think he talks about active Accounts.

Unfortunately beside the API this is the only way

Please bring this up to the Ise product manager through the sales teams

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: