cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE - Sponsor Portal Location

Bobby Roberts
Level 1
Level 1

We have a separated environment.  (PRI) ADMIN (SEC) ADMIN  (PRI) MONITOR (SEC) MONITOR.  And we have 4 Policy Nodes spread out to multiple locations.  I am using HAProxy for the Admin API, and this works fine.  I am trying to have the same admin node run the Sponsor/Guest portal.  But it seems that only the Policy Nodes can run this portal.  Is it possible to have the admin node (So I can setup another HAProxy) run the sponsor portal without it also being a Policy Node? 

ISE 2.4.9

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
you're correct all services run on the PSN (RADIUS, TACACS, Guest, Posture, BYOD, PXGRID etc) The only thing that admin does is manage the UI and push out configurations.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I do not think you may avoid that. ISE guest services have a managed account function on the primary admin node but that is for ISE web admin users only and the access is done via some token.

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
you're correct all services run on the PSN (RADIUS, TACACS, Guest, Posture, BYOD, PXGRID etc) The only thing that admin does is manage the UI and push out configurations.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: