Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE sponsor single click issue

jpoh
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Expert,

I am running a ISE POC with customer doing guest portal and sponsor portal. The guest flow and sponsor approval flow as below.

(1) guest get redirect to self-registration portal and key in his info plus the email address of the sponsor

(2) ISE will send an email to sponsor and has a "approve" and "deny" embedded link in email

(3) Sponsor open email and click on "approve" button. We verify that guest account is approved.

But the issue here is ISE should match to below statement and send below message to sponsor.

Approved

Guest ($ui_guest_username$) has been approved.

But instead ISE match to below and send invalid link

Link invalid

Link is invalid. Please sign on to the sponsor portal to approve/deny guests.

Appreciate your advise on why ISE is matching to "link invalid" instead of "approved". Is there any configuration that we did wrongly?

Regards &

Have a nice day

17 Replies 17

Would recommend searching for existing bugs and asking TAC, open it before you get on-site so they can investigate

pinglis
Level 7
Level 7

I started getting this same issues after I had to rebuild the guest portals (suddenly they started throwing an error whenever I tried to save them) and have just found what was causing it for me.

In the Self Registration settings there is a collapsed list called "Sponsor is matched to a Sponsor Portal to verify approval privileges" which I hadn't noticed when recreating the portals. This had defaulted to the default sponsor portal which is not in use (and not linked to AD groups). After selecting the correct AD linked sponsors portals the issue was resolved.

great info what was the exact error/issue, i  would like to add to my FAQ