cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE TACACS Command Accounting report

umeshunited
Level 1
Level 1

We have deployed ISE on VM and having version 2.4 patch 6.

I was checking TACACS commands reports that ISE exports. I found that ISE was only showing part of the actual command the user typed.

e.g.

If someone typed "show run | sec tacacs "

ISE would show as "show" in command column and "running-config" in the Command arguments column.

It won't show the command that the user typed in after pipe, "sec tacacs" in this case.

Is there any way I can make ISE reflect it in the report?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Umesh,

Whatever a user types with | is neither a command nor an argument. It is a filter that is applied on the output of the combination of the command and the argument that a user enters before the |. So, by design and the concept, show running-config is the only set that is sent for authorization.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Umesh,

Whatever a user types with | is neither a command nor an argument. It is a filter that is applied on the output of the combination of the command and the argument that a user enters before the |. So, by design and the concept, show running-config is the only set that is sent for authorization.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: