cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ISE TACACS Live Logs from secondary not seen on Primary

Hi

I have two ise does used for device administration, one is primary for both administration and monitoring and the other is secondary for both.

Since both ISE in across two Data centers i have configured Primary ISE as the first authentication server for devices in datacenter 1 and the secondary ise as the first authentication server for devices in datacenter 2.

Now, i am not able to see tacacs/radius live logs from the secondary ISE on the primary. 

Any reason on why and do i get it working. For now i live with changing the monitoring role to primary on the secondary ise in case i have to debug an failed auth, which is not a ideal solution on a long run.

any advice ?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
VIP Mentor

Ok, so only 2 ISE nodes in this deployment?

DC1 is Primary for Admin and MnT and DC2 is Seconary for Admin and MnT.

In addition to those roles, is the Policy Services (radius) and Device Admin (tacacs) enabled on both DC1 and DC2 nodes?

Regarding TACACS in particular, is the "Device Administration Deployment" enabled on specific nodes or all?
Highlighted

Both units is enabled for Policy Services (radius) and Device Admin (tacacs)

-Thanks