cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Upgrade 1.2(17)- 1.3 Failure - CertMgmtUpgradeService

James Davies
Level 1
Level 1

I have an old 1.2 Patch 17 Deployment, Upgrade fails on the Secondary at stage 45/73

- Data upgrade step 45/73, CertMgmtUpgradeService(1.3.0.615)... Done in 0 seconds.

Then it rolls back,

I have done a few of these, but never has it stopped here, I have wiped the unit and re-joined the cluster fine, but it will not get past this step.

Any help appreciated,

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like some issue with the certificates you have for that node. Please open a TAC case.

View solution in original post

A solution would be to install 2.2 (currently recommended long term release) in parallel.
Build that out and make sure everything works and then cutover. Right now you’re trying to upgrade from an eol eos to another eol eos release and will need to upgrade to 2.x after that

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Surendra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Looks like some issue with the certificates you have for that node. Please open a TAC case.

Not quite sure why this has been marked as solved. The Secondary Node is a rebuild with only 1 self signed Cert.

Hi James,

You said it was joined back to the deployment and then the upgrade was tried. Also, this community is a place for not resolving production problems but only for design /deployment related queries and a technical questions on the feature functionality. Hence I recommended you to reach out to TAC for help.

These are no longer under support, so I cannot raise a TAC, hence me asking in the discussion forum :)

A solution would be to install 2.2 (currently recommended long term release) in parallel.
Build that out and make sure everything works and then cutover. Right now you’re trying to upgrade from an eol eos to another eol eos release and will need to upgrade to 2.x after that
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: