Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE Upgrade from 2.2 to 2.7

AirBorn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a deployment consisting of 2PAN, 1MNT and 10 PSN running release 2.2, we plan to upgrade to 2.7 release. I have the following questions.

1/ Is it possible to upgrade PANs an MNT first and delay PSNs upgrade, meaning having PANs & MNT running       2.7 and PSNs running 2.2 for some days ?

2/ Is it advisable to upgrade PSNs remotely ?

Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For your questions:

1- You need to have minimum 1 Admin and 1 MNT always in your deployment, as soon as you move from 2.2 to 2.7 the ISE node will leave the current deployment and build a new separate deployment on the new version. Basically, you cannot have a mixed version deployment.

2- If you have good connectivity/bandwidth  shouldn't be a problem.   

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi

Unfortunately I didn't found any answer for my questions there 

Regards

I may have missed other URL here.

the URL in the past post mentioned to know and aware when you migrating from 2.2 to 2.7

the URL missed was below : (Upgrade Method)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-7/upgrade_guide/Upgrade_Journey/HTML/b_upgrade_method_2_7.html

is this make sense ?

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

lrojaslo
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

For your questions:

1- You need to have minimum 1 Admin and 1 MNT always in your deployment, as soon as you move from 2.2 to 2.7 the ISE node will leave the current deployment and build a new separate deployment on the new version. Basically, you cannot have a mixed version deployment.

2- If you have good connectivity/bandwidth  shouldn't be a problem.