cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE version 1.1.2 patch-5 or 1.1.3

david.tran
Level 4
Level 4

I am about to deploy ISE in a new environment.  My plan is to go with ISE 1.1.2 with patch-5 or with 1.1.3

My problem with 1.1.3 is that it is new and no patch.  While there are new features in 1.1.3 but it also comes with unknown issues and bugs that will not be resolved until patch-1 in 1.1.3.  Therefore, I plan on staying at 1.1.2 patch-5.

What do  you think?

4 Replies 4

nspasov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello David-

With any new products, such as ISE (version 1.x), I tend to always go with the latest release as there are constantly more and more bugs that are being fixed along with new features. I have one deployment running on 1.1.3 and I have not had/heard any issues.

Also, there is a nasty bug with 1.1.2 where if you use automatic backups your EAP-TLS authentications start to fail and can only be resolved by a reload. (CSCud00831). So if you are planning to use EAP-TLS type authentications then I would strongly recommend that you go with 1.1.3

Thank you for rating!

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I suggest you to go with 1.1.3 because it resolves several bugs like

1.NAC  Web Agent fails when more than one browser is trying to install

2.NAC Agent  4.8.1.5 takes long time to login

3.Cisco ISE Guest accounting report filter  not working

4.HTTP profiling in ISE 1.1 is done after Guest Authentication

5.Mac OS 10.8 clients require confirmation from a system administrator to  modify the System network configuration

Venkatesh Attulluri wrote:

I suggest you to go with 1.1.3 because it resolves several bugs

You forgot to mention that 1.1.3 will introduce new bugs as well, right?

harvisin
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I went through your query and found the below stated link  which would help you in solving your query:-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/release_notes/ise111_rn.html#wp404726

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: