Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE & Win8

Reyad Safi
Level 1
Level 1

Dears

i have ISE in my network , but any Windows 8 workstations can't access to the network , the NAC agent saying the Operating System not Supported , please advise if there's any posture update for Win 8

regards

Reyad

8 Replies 8

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Reyad,

Which version of agent do you have deployed and what version of ISE are you running.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

thank you tarik

now i update the Posture on the ISE and the Win 8 is included within the OS list , but i noticed it has the full access while the trusted Anti Virus ( Kasper ) Not installed !!!!

any Suggestions

regards

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What version of ISE are you on and which agent version is deployed to the clients.

Please refer to the release notes, I know there is a nac agent release which supports win 8.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hi Tarik,

I am facing same issue on window 8 users. I am using NAC Agent 4.9.0.47 & ISE 1.1.1.268 patch 4.

Please help & advise.

Waiting for your positive & prompt response.

Thanks

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Tabish,

Which issue are you facing?

Thanks,

Tarik Admani
*Please rate helpful posts*

Tariq many thanks indeed for your prompt response.

Actually we have mix of users (Windows XP , Windows 7 & Windows 8) & we are using NAC agent 4.9.0.47 for all users. Windows XP & Windows 7 users are working fine but Windows 8 users are getting enclosed attached error.

Windows 8 Enterprise N 64bit

Windows 8 Enterprise N 32bit

I would like to know whether the NAC agent 4.9.0.47 which we are using can support windows 8 or do we have to use other agent for Windows 8 users. As per my knowledge it should support windows 8 users.

Please advise.

Awaiting for your positive & prompt response.

Thanks

Naveen Kumar
Level 4
Level 4

Please upgrade your to Cisco NAC agent 4.9.2.8 .  Cisco NAC Windows Agent  4.9.2.8 bundled with Cisco NAC Appliance Release 4.9(2) supports Windows 8.

In Windows 8 Operating System, the Internet Explorer has two modes, Desktop  and Metro. In the Metro mode, the ActiveX plugins are restricted. You cannot  download NAC Agent in the Metro mode. You must switch to Desktop mode and then  launch Internet Explorer to download NAC Agent.

Ref Link:  http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/nac/appliance/release_notes/492/492rn.html#wp1309561

tsantoyoc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

Did you found a solution for this?, at the beginning i solved the issue installing the agent and running it in compatibility mode as Windows XP SP3, and it worked fine, but now we are installing Windows 8 Enterprise and it is not working.

I'm using ISE 1.1.2 Patch 5

Agent: 4.9.0.47

(i tried the version 4.9.0.51 with my ise version but it didn't work either)

I saw the previous link, but it is about NAC Appliance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: