Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE with Meraki MX-80 - GUEST access

Hi

Has anyone worked with Meraki splash page , getting forwarded to ISE for guest authentication ? Im very new to ISE, and we setup something basic.. We get the Guest login splash page, and the guest can go and do a self-register. Once he sends self-register, it emails to sponsor, and sponsor accepts the request. Guest gets a  username/pw, which he is able to authenticate.. but once authenticated, when I type any internet website, it asks for authentication again ! and it keeps looping.

Any help appreciated.

7 Replies 7

phosawyer
Level 1
Level 1

I know when I looked at Meraki switches, they did not support CoA which is required. I can only assume neither do the APs and that is why you are hitting this?

The obvious answer is to use the Meraki guest login. Works a treat for us

I think its just the way meraki sends radius packets, encapsulated within SSL, and through the cloud. It works great if the splash page is local to Meraki, and sends a radius request to ISE. , but if the splash page is from ISE, with a redirection URL in meraki, we are still not able to make it work.

Regards

Raj

Raj, did you get this to work?

jan.nielsen
Level 7
Level 7

Did you follow the instruction here? : https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/how_to/HowTo-86-Integrating_Meraki_Networks.pdf

Jan, have you done such deployment before? I have a customer now that is looking to get Sponsored based ISE guest with their Meraki wireless. The link that you provided that this is possible via LWA (not ideal but the only option since CoA is not available on Meraki). 

Not yet no, most customers we sell Meraki to, don't have ISE. I have not seen anything indicating that meraki has gotten more ISE support like CWA/CoA.

I am in the same boat...don't sell Meraki and ISE together...but every once in a while we get a customer that already has purchased ISE :) Thanks for the reply! (+5 from me)