cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ISE with Splunk pxGrid Unquarantine Framed IP

scamarda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

In the "Splunk & pxGrid Adaptive Network Control (ANC) Mitigation Workflow Actions" document, there is only an unquarantine workflow action for an IP address.  In my testing, I am using 802.1x (Machine Auth) and was able to Quarantine by FramedIP.  But I am not able to unquarantine because the "unQuarantine by IP address" event action does not recognize the Framed IP.  Is there a method to unQuarantine based upon Framed IP?  Or do I need to write a transform on Splunk to create a new data field called IP Address to match the included unQuarantine by IP address method?

Endpoint known as  Framed-IP-Address=1.2.3.100

XML Parsing Error: no element found

Location: https://10.100.100.100/admin/API/eps/unQuarantineByIP/1.2.3.100

Line Number 1, Column 1:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will need duplicate the Unquarantine by IP Address workflow action. Then selected the duplicated workflow action and replace the $IPAddress$ variable under "label" with $Framed_IP_Address$.  Also you will want to replace the $IPAddress$ with $Framed_IP_Address$ under "Apply only to the following fields".  Replace $IPAddress$ with $Framed_IP_Addess$ under "URI".   Also as Hsing-Tsu suggested "UnQuarantineByIP" is case-sensitive under "URI"

If you still have issues, please email me.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

https: //(ISE MnT ipaddress)/admin/API/eps/UnQuarantineByIP/{endpoint IP}

Try Capitalizing UnQuarantineByIP or reach out to John.

jeppich
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

You will need duplicate the Unquarantine by IP Address workflow action. Then selected the duplicated workflow action and replace the $IPAddress$ variable under "label" with $Framed_IP_Address$.  Also you will want to replace the $IPAddress$ with $Framed_IP_Address$ under "Apply only to the following fields".  Replace $IPAddress$ with $Framed_IP_Addess$ under "URI".   Also as Hsing-Tsu suggested "UnQuarantineByIP" is case-sensitive under "URI"

If you still have issues, please email me.

Thanks,

John

jeppich@cisco.com

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: