cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Lack of cisco prime infrastructure video courses help please

enzo80
Level 1
Level 1

am searching the web for full courses on how to master and use cisco prime, anyone recommend good course? or you all just using whitepapers?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @enzo80 

I highly recommend Labminutes.com. The Prime stuff is available for free. The guy sells his courses too but if the content has been around a while he releases it for free.

You will find Prime training under Routing and Switching - then just search for the word "prime 3.1" - yep it's a bit dated but Prime has not changed that much over the years.

Give it a try!

I have learned Prime mostly by playing around, watching others and making loads of mistakes. It's taken me years - and now Prime is old hat. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

Hello @enzo80 

I highly recommend Labminutes.com. The Prime stuff is available for free. The guy sells his courses too but if the content has been around a while he releases it for free.

You will find Prime training under Routing and Switching - then just search for the word "prime 3.1" - yep it's a bit dated but Prime has not changed that much over the years.

Give it a try!

I have learned Prime mostly by playing around, watching others and making loads of mistakes. It's taken me years - and now Prime is old hat. 

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco has also published a whole series that can be found here:

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/training-events/product-training/prime-training-infrastructure.html#tab=tab-1-content

All free of charge.

Beacon Bits
Level 1
Level 1

This is not working.

https://www.cisco.com/c/m/en_us/training-events/product-training/prime-training-infrastructure.html#tab=tab-1-content

BeaconBits_0-1664982413091.png

Has anyone saved all the video or please provide the correct link?

Regards,

Beacon

At this point, you are probably better on focusing on DNA Center rather than Prime.

Marvin Rhoads
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Cisco quietly removed all of this training in the past year for some reason.

Probably to sell more DNA-C and discourage continued use of Prime Infrastructure!

Beacon
Level 1
Level 1

How DNA-C could replace the Cisco Prime Infrastructure?

Cisco PI is config backup and Syslog server with so many other features but DNA-C isn't.

DNA-C does not support Nexus switches so far and Nexus Dashboard is for this purpose.

Cisco Prime has a new version 3.10 and still don't understand why Cisco has removed the link...

The writing has been on the wall for a while now in my opinion.  DNAC has backup functionality now and bundles syslog like functionality into its telemetry/assurance solution.  Agree on Nexus, but Nexus Dashboard is now your direction for that product line; DNAC is for Catalyst equipment.