Views
Helpful
Replies

License migration from 2.x model to 3.0

Jithishkk1514
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys,

I am having a scenario and requests your help to get it clarified.

Currently we have procured license (yet to install )according to 2.x version (Base , Apex & Plus of 1000 each + 2 Device admin) ,now we are planning to move to 3.0 in a SNS 3615 hardware platform.

I have go through the documentation and understand that license migration can reduce the count considering the services have opted for the 2.x licensing model. As our procurement was based on the total expected count.

I need to understand how much count we have with the new licensing model will be if we migrate 3.0?

( Base - 1000 , Apex - 1000 , Plus - 1000 )

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/migration-guide-c07-744240.html

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

imanv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Based on Cisco document about license conversion in ISE 3.0, the conversion will be like the below image.

in this conversion, when you buy the top level license ( Premier ), you will have access to one advantage and one apex license.

Check this conversion example :

You asked the conversion of this licenses

In this conversion, I think the the total licenses are not counted carefully. any way, if you convert your 1000 Apex license, you will have 1000 Essentials, 1000 Advantage and 1000 Premier in your SMART account.

Note :

Because the Cisco ISE Essentials, Advantage, and Premier licenses are term based, your existing Base licenses will be converted to term-based Essential licenses that will expire on the set date of October 31, 2023. Each Plus and Base license converted to a Cisco ISE Advantage license will expire on the same date that your Plus license would have expired, and similarly, each Apex, Plus, and Base license converted into a Cisco ISE Premier license will expire on the date of Plus or Apex, whichever is the longest.

Reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/security/identity-services-engine/migration-guide-c07-744240.html

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Arne Bier
VIP
VIP

@Jithishkk1514 - I'll take a stab at this one - I hve not done this myself but I believe you will end up with 1000 Premier licenses since that tier includes all the lower tiers as well.

If you have received the answer to this question via other means (or through your own experience), please confirm if the theory is correct.

imanv
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Based on Cisco document about license conversion in ISE 3.0, the conversion will be like the below image.

in this conversion, when you buy the top level license ( Premier ), you will have access to one advantage and one apex license.

Check this conversion example :

You asked the conversion of this licenses

In this conversion, I think the the total licenses are not counted carefully. any way, if you convert your 1000 Apex license, you will have 1000 Essentials, 1000 Advantage and 1000 Premier in your SMART account.

Note :

Because the Cisco ISE Essentials, Advantage, and Premier licenses are term based, your existing Base licenses will be converted to term-based Essential licenses that will expire on the set date of October 31, 2023. Each Plus and Base license converted to a Cisco ISE Advantage license will expire on the same date that your Plus license would have expired, and similarly, each Apex, Plus, and Base license converted into a Cisco ISE Premier license will expire on the date of Plus or Apex, whichever is the longest.

Reference: