Views
Helpful
Replies

License Renewal Cisco ISE

pagosojayson
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Our ISE licenses are about to expire in a few days and we currently have Base/Plus/Apex and Device admin which is a perm license.  Our Base/Apex/Plus licenses are good for 1000 nodes but we do not really use that much so so we only bought for 500 endpoints which is only Base and Plus.  Because as you can see from below, Apex is not being used.LICENSE USAGE_1.jpg

LICENSE USAGE_2.jpg

We tried to upload the license but we are getting the error below:

LICENSE USAGE_3.jpg

Has anyone encountered this before and how were you able to get around it.

Thanks in advance. 

Jayson

6 Replies 6

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

Which license do you have? I mean sku license?
And which one did you purchase?

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

pagosojayson
Level 1
Level 1

We bought the following

SKU:L-ISE-PLS-S-500=
SKU:L-ISE-BSE-500=

Not sure about the previous one as I the are not in our licensing portal.

I'm not the best at licensing😀

But the previous sku are important. I take an example. If you had wireless licenses and want to upgrade to standard wired/wireless licenses you can't.

I never had a config with mobility licenses but i believe this is why your getting the error.
I've checked ordering guide for ise but didn't tell too much. Maybe here you need contact tac.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

I did contact TAC and we have an nogoing case. I just like to know if anyone had this problem before.

Not this particular. Let's wait for another member to reply

Thanks
Francesco