cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

limit access to sponsor portal for multple sponsor admins.

kaushalparab
Level 1
Level 1

i want to add 2x sponsor portal admins like below.

admin1 - Full access to sponsor portal ( can see all tabs, all everything in control ) 

admin2 -  read only access ( only see the users account, few buttons or tabs are hidden from admin2 ) 

is it posible to customized one single sponsor portal with 2x different level of access?  Thanks. 

4 Replies 4

Francesco Molino
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Hi

The way i see it is to create 2 sponsor portal and manage the second one using customization with JavaScript.
If i recall, there was a post on the forum where a similar question was asked and a JavaScript was provided. I don't have the link right now but if you search it you will be able to find it.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

MP_Linc
Level 1
Level 1

Create multiple sponsor groups.  You can modify the below settings taken directly from ISE 2.4(or later) and modify them to suit your needs.  At my place of business I've used AD groups to separate access so that each remote location is in a sponsor pool where they can only manage accounts from their location and then at HQ I've given full permission to the help desk and my team to have full oversight of all accounts for management purposes.

Sponsor Permissions
Sponsor Can Create
 Multiple guest accounts assigned to specific guests (Import)
Limit to batch of 

(0 - 10000)
 Multiple guest accounts to be assigned to any guests (Random)
Default username prefix: 
 Allow sponsor to specify a username prefix
Limit to batch of: 

(0 - 10000)
 Start date cannot be more than 

(1 - 999) days into the future
Sponsor Can Manage
 Only accounts sponsor has created
 Accounts created by members of this sponsor group
 All guest accounts
Sponsor Can
 Update guests' contact information (email, Phone Number)
 View/print guests' passwords
 Send SMS notifications with guests' credentials
 Reset guests' account passwords
 Extend guest accounts
 Delete guests' accounts
 Suspend guests' accounts
 Require sponsor to provide a reason
 Reinstate suspended guests' accounts
 Approve and view requests from self-registering guests
 Any pending accounts
 Only pending accounts assigned to this sponsor   
 Access Cisco ISE guest accounts using the programmatic interface (Guest REST API)

Creating multiple sponsor group only won't help because he needs a read only access. The only way would be to use JavaScript to hide the creation tab.

Thanks
Francesco
PS: Please don't forget to rate and select as validated answer if this answered your question

your solution meaning 2x sponsor group and assigned permission as above is ok but then you need to created 2x different guest portal for each group right? because 1xsingle guest portal even if you assinged different group it does not work.