Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MAB, ISE, and AD

So, I've been looking and have not found anything specific.

So, they are trying to add devices into AD using ieee802Device. Now, what I can't find other than mentions of this is if ISE can validate by these.

They set up a group I pulled into ISE, and added a device into the group. It fails with auth failed.

Can this be done, or does the device have to be a user account and not the ieee802Device?

1 Accepted Solution
7 Replies 7

umahar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Could you clarify your question again ?

Do you want to authenticate MAB endpoints via AD on ISE ?

I have a customer who is doing this using LDAP and placing different endpoints (profiles) in different OU on AD

We want to use AD and assign vlans based on groups. APs, thermal printers, laser printers etc.

I think the issue is they want to use the new Devices instead of user accounts, and I don't think ISE supports this way?

If I understand correctly you want to whitelist MAB devices on AD instead of ISE itself.

Not very common but can be achieved. 

The reason they don't want to do ISE profiling is we really don't trust it to profile correctly. Right now the AP next to me is profiling as a Cisco Switch. They also would like to not have to buy 3000+ licenses for all these printers.

Jason, we tried that, and I guess i'm not sure if the failure is on ISE, or theme not setting up AD correctly for what we are doing. 

Troubleshoot with TAC then?

Yes.

Each group then can whitelist their owned devices on AD using their credentials to get them into the network.