cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Meaning of this error (ISE 1.2 on SNS-3415): HARDWARE RNG INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED!

Katie Weber
Level 1
Level 1

Hi. We recently purchased an ISE 1.2 appliance (SNS-3415 hardware). It installed fine, but I am unable to access the GUI. When I login to the box and run the following command on the CLI

ISE-12-NS-SD-2/admin# show application status ise

I see the following output:

ISE Database listener is running, PID: 7737

ISE Database is running, number of processes: 38

ISE Application Server process is not running.

ISE Profiler DB is running, PID: 9090

ISE M&T Session Database is running, PID: 8959

ISE M&T Log Collector is running, PID: 9294

ISE M&T Log Processor is running, PID: 9376

% ERROR: ISE SERVICES HAVE BEEN DISABLED BECAUSE

%        HARDWARE RNG INTEGRITY CHECK HAS FAILED!

Can anyone help me? What can I do to ensure that the hardware RNG integrity check succeeds. Is it a license issue? Is it faulty hardware? Please advise. I would be very greatful.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies 3

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This RNG Selftests are relevant only to FIPS mode. In non FIPS , we need to check that hardware (kind of self testsŠ), but this shouldn't be causing a application server failure. Have you tried restarting the services or reloading the ISE appliance.

~BR
Jatin Katyal

**Do rate helpful posts**

~Jatin

I worked with a TAC engineer on this and he said one other customer had this issue and the only recourse was reimaging the appliance with the ISE 1.2 ISO image.

I did reboot, restarted services, reset to factory default and none of that worked. It is possible that the issue happened because during setup of the appliance I didn't have network connectivity and went ahead with the setup and configuration of the ISE application anyway. I later had network connectivity but by that time ISE manifested this fault.

Reimaging and ensuring network connectivity during setup the next time around fixed the problem.

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks for sharing the solution.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

~Jatin
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: