Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My Devices Portal not registering

Hi

Im having a strange issue where I register my devices via BYOD self registering flow.,

The registering is successful and in the endpoints I have the endpoints  registered with their portal users, however, when I enter the MYDEVICES portal with that user, none of those endpoints appear, I even register an endpoint via the portal and it never appears in the list.

Is there any known issue about this or is there any additional config needed to make the Mydevices portal register the endpoints?

Thanks

Alberto

13 Replies 13

Jatin Katyal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The maximum number of smart devices that you can  register is 20, as the valid range that can be configured in this field  is between 1 and 20. By default, the number of devices that you can  register is set to 5 devices in Cisco ISE. Please try and increase it to 20 and see if that helps. http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/ise/1.1.1/user_guide/ise_mydevices.html#wp1056808

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Ive done more testing and the issue seems to be just with active directory users, If I do the registering it works fine.

Even if I log in into the portal and register the devices manually, it does not appear in the device list but it does appear on the endpoint database with the portal user.

Thanks

seems to be an internal defect. You might not be able to see the inside content.

CSCtz54284    Registered device not displayed in mydevices portal with AD user

Jatin Katyal
- Do rate helpful posts -

~Jatin

Thanks Jatin

The issue was the following:

On the Active Directory, the identity store field had "\groups", I assigned an Identity Store Sequence to the mydevices portal to use not the default mydevices store sequence but a diferent store to use the AD

The issue was that it seems that the mydevices, guest and sponsor store sequence do not support the identity store to have "\", I changed it to / and it worked like a charm.

Thanks.

Hi Alberto

I'm seeing this same problem on ISE 1.3. 

Could you please explain your solution in a bit more detail as I'm struggling to understand what you did to fix it.

thanks

Trevor

Te identity store was entered with "\groups" I just change that to "/groups", what was wrong was the slash character.

hope it helps.

Hi,

I am also trying to figure out how this issue has been resolved, I am on ISE 1.4 patch version 6 and have the exact issue. What is the step by step solution for this?

1.4 patch 7, still seeing it. That BugID is internal, but my Cisco SE sent me info showing it was supposed to be fixed in 1.1.1.208. Anybody else?

Sounds like this:

CSCuo64251
Submit
ISE AD user device does not show up in My Devices portal to manage
Known Affected Releases: (2)
1.2(0.908) | 1.3(100.362)
Known Fixed Releases: 0
Release Pending

Richard,

This issue with MyDevices portal has been resolved with the patch release of patch 4 on ISE version 2.0.0.306. If you apply this parch and register your devices they would show up in the portal. However, the issue now is that they will always show up as NotRegistered. I have opened up a TAC case in regards to this issue and they have stated that its a cosmetic issue due to a bug which they are currently working with developers to resolve it in the next patch release.

Hope this helps.

Amir

Thanks. When is patch 4 going to be available?

For others: TAC has identified this as the bug I'm hitting:  CSCux97025.

Also, do you have a new BugID or TAC case # for this issue that you saw? My TAC engineer doesn't believe this is still a problem, and it would be nice to reference some of your documented troubleshooting to convince him.

They did not give me any BugID. I was told that the devices showing as NotRegistered in ISE 2.0 is a cosmetic issue and with the release of patch 4 it will be resolved.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: