Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Native portal for Network access Users to change their own password

I am running ISE 3.0 patch-3. 

I have about 3000 users create under "Work Centers --> Network Access --> Network Access Users".  These are internally created users.

In ISE 3.0 patch-3, is there a native portal web interface that any of these users can go in and change their password in there?

4 Replies 4

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is currently no 'self-service' password change option for internal Network Access Users. Only an ISE admin with the necessary RBAC role can create/modify these internal user accounts. You could create a process for a user to request a password change and an ISE admin could set the flag for 'change password on next logon' via the GUI or REST API. ISE was not intended for this type of large-scale user account management. This is typically done using External Identity Stores like Active Directory.

You can, however, submit this ask using the Make a Wish feature.

howon
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not a dedicated password change portal, but you can enable 'Allow Internal users to change their own password' option under some of the portal settings. This option is available on sponsor, certificate provisioning, client provisioning, and my devices portal. Out of these, the client provisioning portal may be most simple as users can reach the password change prompt as soon as they login while other portal requires user to click on their username.

poongarg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can refer below community post, which shows how to use "My device portal" to work as User password change portal:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/network-access-control/ise-password-change-portal-ucp-with-my-devices-portal/m-p/3475680

What does this post have anything to do with what I am trying to achieve?

Cisco has already confirmed that there is NO native portal for what I am trying to achieve.  Not now and future release.