Views
Helpful
Replies

Need to reimport sponsor & Guest portal certificate after maintenance

Kalipso
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm running 3.0 and since version 2.4, each time I perform a maintenance (either an upgrade, a patch, or a reboot), I loose the functionality offered by sponsor and guest portal certificates.

They are still present in the configuration at the right place, however, admin certificate is presented instead, leading to trust issues for the users.

What we do each time is to export the certificates, and reimport them (where they already are) so the system put it all back together.

Has anyone already experienced this issue and was able to resolve it ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I would open a TAC case regarding this behavior; this is not normal behavior.  I have seen a couple of bugs the community around custom ports/interfaces for portals in general. 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Users aren't bookmarking the URL with the port after the URL correct?  https://<ise-url>:8445 for example? Does https://sponsor.domain.com work ?  Are you using certificate tags for the sponsor and guest portals? 

There is no bookmark used for Guest portal, and for Sponsor, the bookmark is ok (we know that there is a redirection when clicked from a browser, and not from an office document link for example).

We do use certificate tags.

after the maintenance the certificates are using admin certificate instead of sonsor/guest certificate.

After reimporting sponsor/guest certificates, it works ok again, without modifying any bookmark

Are you using wildcard certificates?  I would open a TAC case regarding this behavior; this is not normal behavior.

We are not using wildcards, but sponsor and Guest portals share the same tag (and configured on the same interface).

I inspected all the portals, and I can see that all of them are using in fact the same tag, but some are on different interfaces, do you think this could interfere ?

I would open a TAC case regarding this behavior; this is not normal behavior.  I have seen a couple of bugs the community around custom ports/interfaces for portals in general.