cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Network access user can not delete

tjdwns4111
Level 1
Level 1

i create a admin users by 「Select from Network Access Users」option.

but when i finished create a 30 users, i can see only 3 users at admin users.

(CLI command -> application configure ise -> 15 -> in here, i can see all of the users)

so i delete all of the users at GUI, but half of the users is still exist at CLI. (no users at GUI

スクリーンショット 2023-05-16 102106.png

and when i check the network access users, admin users is activative by  checkmark.

so i can not delete the user that have checkmark (at GUI admin users there is no admin users)

111.png

when i try to delete users, this message is displayed

無題222.png

my ise is primary secondary with ise 3.1 patch 5

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't replicate this issue (at smaller scale) and I can't find any known bugs that fit the description. Although it's not listed as a bug fixed in patch 6, I would suggest installing the latest patch (as TAC will likely ask you to do the same). I would also try using a different browser and/or Private or Incognito mode to ensure there's no browser cache issue.

If all else fails, you will likely need to open a TAC case to investigate further.

I've never worked with any customers that create Admin users from the Network Access Users, so I don't know how often this feature is used. Most customers I've worked with authenticate the Admin users against an external identity store like AD.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg Gibbs
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I can't replicate this issue (at smaller scale) and I can't find any known bugs that fit the description. Although it's not listed as a bug fixed in patch 6, I would suggest installing the latest patch (as TAC will likely ask you to do the same). I would also try using a different browser and/or Private or Incognito mode to ensure there's no browser cache issue.

If all else fails, you will likely need to open a TAC case to investigate further.

I've never worked with any customers that create Admin users from the Network Access Users, so I don't know how often this feature is used. Most customers I've worked with authenticate the Admin users against an external identity store like AD.

when i login the problem's account, i can delete the users.

I think the cause is the primary secondary configuration.

I have deployed ISE in three environments: production, testing, and disaster, but only in production(primary secondary).