Views
Helpful
Replies

notRegistered status on MyDevices portal

anvolkov
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi everyone,

can you please help me to clarify the situation with Device registration status on MyDevices portal?

As per Craig's words some time ago, the BYOD registration will be set to “Yes” and Registration status will become “Registered” only when the Guest user will go through BYOD process and register his device himself.

And that is the situation we see in many Customers' deployments and our lab.

But the documentation says:

"When employees register their devices using the My Devices portal or during native supplicant provisioning, the Device Registration Status and BYOD Registration Status attributes in Administration > Identity Management > Identities > Endpoints are updated from NotRegistered and Unknown to Registered and Yes, respectively"

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/1-3/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_13/b_ise_admin_guide_sample_chapter_010000.html#ID19

For us the status is not changed to Registered after adding the device at MyDevices portal. Is it a documentation issue or do I understand it improperly?

Can we change the status to Registered for the devices that were added manually on MyDevices portal and then authenticated via MAB? I understand that MAB and BYOD are not fully compatible but what about MyDevices portal?

Appreciate your assistance in it

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding a new endpoint at ISE MyDevices portal does not make it to registered. Please file a doc bug.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

hslai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Adding a new endpoint at ISE MyDevices portal does not make it to registered. Please file a doc bug.

Do we have a bug on it? Please point to me?

In ISE 2.1-P3, my Cx is facing the same problem with BYOD and still they are shown as pending.