cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC! We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.
Please see How to Ask the Community for Help for other best practices.

Views
Helpful
Replies
iciar_acfe
Beginner

Order of installation during patch upgrade in Small ACS deployment

Hi

I am upgrading 2 ACS appliances from 4.1.4.13 to 4.1.4.13 patch 20. They are configured as primary and backup. In the documentation I don't see any restriction on which should be the first machine to be upgraded. Should the backup one be the first to be upgraded, and therefore, the "new" primary?

Thanks a lot.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
atif
Beginner

Assuming all devices are pointing to the primary ACS IP, you should stop the replication, upgrade the backup, then upgrade the primary and then enable replication. Although I do not see any problem upgrading the primary first after replication has been stopped.

HTH,

Atif

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
atif
Beginner

Assuming all devices are pointing to the primary ACS IP, you should stop the replication, upgrade the backup, then upgrade the primary and then enable replication. Although I do not see any problem upgrading the primary first after replication has been stopped.

HTH,

Atif

Thanks a lot

Create
Recognize Your Peers
Content for Community-Ad

ISE Webinars

Miss a previous ISE webinar?
Never miss one again!

CiscoISE on YouTube