Views
Helpful
Replies

PAN and MnT: move to new DC

jsanz
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

In a distributed deployment with Standalone PAN and MnT in HA we need to move all of them to new DCs, PSNs will remain as they are.

Which is the recommended procedure?

1.- Remove nodes from the system, e.g. secondary PAN and MnT, change hosts IP address, relocate to new DC, add them to cluster (PSNs would get the information), promote and repeat with other PAN and MnT

2.- Deploy new PAN and MnT, remove secondary PAN and MnT, add newly created PAN and MnT to active, promote new ones, install secondary PAN and MnT, remove old HA and add new Ones

Any other recommended procedure?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paul
Level 10
Level 10

If these are all VMs I would just build new PANs/M&Ts and add them to the deployment.  You can initially add them to the deployment as PSNs or something to get them to sync the configs.  Then play the shell game of moving personas around/kicking devices out to get the deployment to look the way you want.

I don't think you will have to do any license rehosting because once you have the deployment setup the license to serial # stuff is not checked after the licenses are installed.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paul
Level 10
Level 10

If these are all VMs I would just build new PANs/M&Ts and add them to the deployment.  You can initially add them to the deployment as PSNs or something to get them to sync the configs.  Then play the shell game of moving personas around/kicking devices out to get the deployment to look the way you want.

I don't think you will have to do any license rehosting because once you have the deployment setup the license to serial # stuff is not checked after the licenses are installed.