Views
Helpful
Replies

Port forwarding does not work on ASA5506-X

fqwu2003
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am facing a problem to have RDP port forward to a PC inside the firewall on ASA-5506-X. ASA version 9.8.

Ethernet port 1 configured as ouside, ethernet port 2 configure as inside_1, ethernet port 3 as inside_2. other enthernet ports are disabled.

interface.PNG

created Network object "PC_inside", this is a PC connected to port 2 with ip address 10.9.195.3:

Network Object config.PNG

Network Object.PNG

it automatically created the following NAT rules:

NAT RULE.PNG

then I created ACL rule:

aCESS RULE.PNG

I connect my laptop to port 1 on ASA5506-X and run Remote desktop connection, enter ip address 10.9.196.1, it fails to connect.

the log shows the following:

LOG.PNG

What is the problem? The PC_inside has port 3389 opened and I can connect RDP to it if my laptop and PC_Inside are in the same network. Thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

according to log, your RDP PC not responding to TCP syn. better check with packet capture and find what happens to the traffic when request initiating. and additionally same time use packet capture in RDP PC to find what happen to traffic at PC.

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

View solution in original post

Thanks. Now I found the problem. I have to set gateway address on PC_INSIDE to 10.9.195.254 in order to get it to work!

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi,

according to log, your RDP PC not responding to TCP syn. better check with packet capture and find what happens to the traffic when request initiating. and additionally same time use packet capture in RDP PC to find what happen to traffic at PC.

rate this and mark as answer if this resolved your concern

Please rate this and mark as solution/answer, if this resolved your issue
Good luck
KB

Thanks. Now I found the problem. I have to set gateway address on PC_INSIDE to 10.9.195.254 in order to get it to work!

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card