Views
Helpful
Replies

Posture: Anyconnect or Temporal Agent?

kerai08
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi there,

I've noticed the release of a new 'Temporal Agent' in ISE 2.3.

My main question is: do I need to sell Anyconnect licenses for posture anymore or not?

What would be an example use case to sell Anyconnect licenses over the Temporal Agent?

Advice please?

Thanks,

Arron

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing has changed, we always had a temporal agent, before it was called the web agent and was only available on Windows

Now it’s available on Mac as well and no longer requires activex or java controls to load. It has also been updated with more checks with recent update

As before this temporal agent is focused toward temporary needs for posture as you need to load it every time the user needs to posture

For employees the permanent agent (AnyConnect) should still be used for better user experience (periodic reassessments, more controls and remediation options, etc)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jason Kunst
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nothing has changed, we always had a temporal agent, before it was called the web agent and was only available on Windows

Now it’s available on Mac as well and no longer requires activex or java controls to load. It has also been updated with more checks with recent update

As before this temporal agent is focused toward temporary needs for posture as you need to load it every time the user needs to posture

For employees the permanent agent (AnyConnect) should still be used for better user experience (periodic reassessments, more controls and remediation options, etc)

Great, thanks, Jason.

parrain55001
Level 1
Level 1

hi

i did anything about this. but temporal agent doesn't work for anti malware. when the guest launch his browser, temporal agent not appear.

Capture.JPG

kchimnud
Level 1
Level 1

I'm curious if Temporal Agent and Web Agent is the same thing. Why Admin Guide still mention both of them separated? And it seem that capability for both of them are different. Below capture screen from https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/security/ise/2-4/admin_guide/b_ise_admin_guide_24/b_ise_admin_guide_24_new_chapter…

Screen Shot 2561-06-19 at 19.08.46.png

Temporal agent is the replacement of the web agent

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: