Views
Helpful
Replies

Posture checks in ISE 2.2 don't appear to verify compliance module version

steven austin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have just upgraded my 2.1 ISE distributed deployment to 2.2.  After the 2.2 upgrade (I have not installed patch 2 yet as it was just released), my compliance checks are failing for both mac and windows.  These were working perfectly fine under ISE 2.1.  My scenario is the following:

1.)  I have two windows posture rules

a)  Rule 1 has posture policies and a filter to only run on a Windows machine with ise-compliance module 3.x

b)  Rule 2 has posture policies and a filter to only run on a Windows machine with ise-compliance module 4.x

2.)  I have two Mac posture rules

a)  Rule 3 has posture policies and a filter to only run on a Mac machine with ise-compliance module 3.x

b)  Rule 4 has posture policies and a filter to only run on a Mac machine with ise-compliance module 4.x

Issue:

In my posture logs, when a Windows machine checks in for posture, ISE is running both Rule 1 and Rule 2.  Obviously this fails because a machine cannot have ise-compliance module 3.x and 4.x  It's as if ISE 2.2 is disregarding the ise-compliance module version filter.  The same thing is happening for my Mac Rules.

Anyone seen this before?  Is it fixed in Patch2?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open a TAC case to troubleshoot these problems.

ISE 2.2.0 Patch 2 Available on Cisco Software Download

The list of resolved bugs in ISE 2.2 Patch 2 can be found here: Release Notes for 2.2.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Open a TAC case to troubleshoot these problems.

ISE 2.2.0 Patch 2 Available on Cisco Software Download

The list of resolved bugs in ISE 2.2 Patch 2 can be found here: Release Notes for 2.2.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: