Views
Helpful
Replies

PPTP to PIX with ACS server

tkpsimon
Level 1
Level 1

HI

I really hope that someone could give me some suggestion on this one.

I have create PPTP connection to PIX506, Local authentication is doing fine, but whenever i'm adding and ACS server for authentication, either inside or outside, my PPTP connection just not working, when i press the connect button on the "Connect Virtual Private connection" Page, i will get the following message: Error 651 the modem (or the other connecting device) report an error.

I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the modem, i have another PPTP connection on the same machine, which use the same setting, and it connect without any problem.

If someone knows what causing this, pls give me some advice. i really appreciate it.

1 Reply 1

jlcille
Level 1
Level 1

I solved this using Radius including Microsoft RADIUS Attributes.

If you want a RADIUS attribute but it does not appear in the current listing, click Interface Configuration, click the RADIUS vendor whose attributes you want to configure, then select the applicable group-level RADIUS attribute check box.

Select MS-MPPE-Encryption-Policy, MS-MPPE-Encryption-Types & MS-CHAP-MPPE-Keys. Force both sides to use crypted password and data.