Views
Helpful
Replies

problem authenticación with letter ñ

mhuaynate
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

i am having problem in 802.1x authenticactión with user who has username pzuñiga(letter ñ). The ASC dont acept the letter "ñ" does someone kown if this has a solutión or  when i can found an official document from cisco.

Best Regard,

Marco.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marcos,

What version of ACS are you using? There is a bug that is fixed in ACS 5.3 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html

CSCta75080

MSCHAP authentication with UTF8 SAM & NETBIOS did not work against  AD in Centrify configuration. This problem is resolved now.

Thanks,

tarik Admani

View solution in original post

Do you get the same errors when you use the format above or does it pass authentication? There have been a few AD related bugs fixed after patch 3, I would strongly suggest installing this patch to see if the issue is resolved before opening a TAC case.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Tarik Admani
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Marcos,

What version of ACS are you using? There is a bug that is fixed in ACS 5.3 -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5.3/release/notes/acs_53_rn.html

CSCta75080

MSCHAP authentication with UTF8 SAM & NETBIOS did not work against  AD in Centrify configuration. This problem is resolved now.

Thanks,

tarik Admani

Also as a workaround to see if you are hitting this bug try the UPN format (pzuñiga@domain.com) and see if that works.

thanks,

tarik Admani

mhuaynate
Level 1
Level 1

Tarik,

My acs versión is 5.3.0.40.1

Best Regard,

Marco.

Do you get the same errors when you use the format above or does it pass authentication? There have been a few AD related bugs fixed after patch 3, I would strongly suggest installing this patch to see if the issue is resolved before opening a TAC case.

Thanks,

Tarik Admani

Tarik,

ok i am going to upgrade to ACS versión to 5.3.0.40.5. I wish this resolv the problem.

Best Regard,

Marco.

Marco,

I wanted to know if this fixed your problem.

Thanks

Tarik Admani

Tarik,

not yet ... today i am goint to try this in my lab.

Thank.

Marco.

Hi all,

I am having similar problem with version 5.3.0.40.5, but I have "ñ" character in password field instead of username. When an user with "ñ" character in password tries to authenticate via ACS, communication between ACS an AD fails for couple of minutes, for that user and the followings showing these messages:

24401 Could not establish connection with ACS Active Directory agent

Is there any limitation in this issue?

I would recommend installing patch 5.3.0.40.6 or later (latest patch is 5.3.0.40.8)

This includes a fix for the following issue

CSCtz83523 AD-Client crashes due to the password with non UTF-8 characters

It does look like you are seeing a similar crash

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: