Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem of login ISE

Sevion
Level 1
Level 1

Hello guys,

I'm new to ISE. After I recovered the admin password, I could log in to ISE via neither SSH nor GUI. Applications are running properly. I tried to ping my default gateway, but it failed. I can only log in to my ISE on VM.  Everything worked well before resetting. My ISE version is 1.3.

Could someone please assist?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a network or VM problem. Call TAC to troubleshoot your installation.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

what kind of reset you did, check the configuration is the basic IP address other stuff available.

show running-config

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi, I reset the CLI password of the admin. I've checked the configuration. The IP address and GW are available. I deployed the VM on my pc. I'm able to ping the GW from my pc, but I'm unable to ping the IP address of ISE from my pc. 

is this working before ?

but I'm unable to ping the IP address of ISE from my pc. 

what is your PC IP address, and ISE IP address, post the show run config ?

is this Lab ?

BB

Hi, this lab was working before I reset. I've posted the screenshots. The IP address of my network adapter is 192.168.92.1. I forgot that I set the gateway of my ISE the same as the address of my network adapter. So it must be able to ping the gateway from my pc...

Looks something messed up here, hope on your PC you using VMWARE workstation to host ISE.

check the bridge mode settings  or NAT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHpRTVP8upg

BB

Hi @Sevion ,

if my understanding is correct, you are able to access ISE via VM's Console and are unable to ping ISE's Default GW from the VM's Console.

Please, use the

ise/admin# show running-config

check the ip address and default gateway configuration.

Hope this helps !!!

Hi, the IP address and GW are available.  I'm unable to ping the IP address of ISE from my pc.

thomas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Sounds like a network or VM problem. Call TAC to troubleshoot your installation.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: