cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem to Migration from ACS 4.2.0.124 to ACS 5.5 - Migration Utility

TIAGO MATIAS
Level 1
Level 1

I´m running the migration Utility on a windows server 2003 that has a ACS 4.2.0.124 but i received the error:

Select the ACS 4.x Configuration groups to be migrated:[1]
1 - ALLObjects
2 - AllUsersObjects
3 - AllDevicesObjects
4 - SharedCommandSet
5 - SharedDACLObject
6 - MasterKeys
7 - SharedRACObjectWithVSA
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following object types will be extracted:

Network Device Groups
Network Device

Choose one of the following:
1 - AnalyzeAndExport
2 - Import
3 - CreateReportFiles
4 - Exit

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "
32"
        at java.lang.NumberFormatException.forInputString(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Integer.parseInt(Unknown Source)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.networkdevice.NetworkDeviceExporter.c
reateAAAClientType(NetworkDeviceExporter.java:481)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.networkdevice.NetworkDeviceExporter.a
ddToImportCollection(NetworkDeviceExporter.java:186)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.networkdevice.NetworkDeviceExporter.e
xportObjects(NetworkDeviceExporter.java:117)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplication.executeExport(Mi
grationApplication.java:440)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.runExport(Mig
rationApplicationCLI.java:617)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.main(Migratio
nApplicationCLI.java:266)
C:\MigrationUtility\migration\bin>

10 Replies 10

edwardcollins7
Level 1
Level 1

Hey,

Which ACS 5 version are you upgrading to?

Could you share the migration.log file?

Rate if Useful :)

Sharing knowledge makes you Immortal.

Regards,

Ed

Hi Guys, sorry for delay.

I´m migrating for version 5.5 and my 4.2 is a large database.

The migration.log is attached. I can see the error below:

06-01-2014 21:46:28 UserExporter.checkValid(UserExporter.java:233) INFO - Detected as external authenticated user. Password reset to preference setting. : 93825082

Any ideas for help me ?

Thanks.

Hey,

06-01-2014 21:46:28 UserExporter.checkValid(UserExporter.java:233) INFO - Detected as external authenticated user. Password reset to preference setting. : 93825082

This is because users with an external password are migrated but a dummy password is migrated over.

You will need to change the password type to whatever DB you want later after migration.

Regards,

Ed

Hi, ED.

I believe that i have another problem.

When i try run the option on the migration utility.

1 - ALLObjects or 3 - AllDevicesObjects

I received the error below:

======================================================================

32"
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.networkdevice.NetworkDeviceExporter.c
reateAAAClientType(NetworkDeviceExporter.java:481)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.networkdevice.NetworkDeviceExporter.a
ddToImportCollection(NetworkDeviceExporter.java:186)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.networkdevice.NetworkDeviceExporter.e
xportObjects(NetworkDeviceExporter.java:117)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplication.executeExport(Mi
grationApplication.java:440)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.runExport(Mig
rationApplicationCLI.java:617)
        at com.cisco.nm.acs.mgmt.migration.MigrationApplicationCLI.main(Migratio
nApplicationCLI.java:266)

======================================================================

Any idea ?

Thanks a Lot.

When you run the 1 - ALLObjects or 3 - AllDevicesObjects, could you collect the migration.log again and attach it?

Regards,

Ed

Hi ED, the log is attached.

Thanks a Lot.

I performed new tests and the error on log now is:

06-05-2014 09:49:39 JavaUtils.isAttachmentSupported(JavaUtils.java:1308) WARN - Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled.

06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:GPRS_ENG NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:GPRS_OMR NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:IPRAN_Roteadores NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:Telco_ENG NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:SCE_ENG NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:SCE_OMR NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:IPRAN_Cisco NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:IPRAN_Alcatel NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:Service_ActCRQ311961 NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:IPMUX NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:GMCArsitec NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:TS_OMR NDG has shared key password
06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:Servidores_OMR_BKP NDG has shared key password

06-05-2014 09:49:39 JavaUtils.isAttachmentSupported(JavaUtils.java:1308) WARN - Unable to find required classes (javax.activation.DataHandler and javax.mail.internet.MimeMultipart). Attachment support is disabled

Is a generic message which is of no use.

06-05-2014 09:49:52 NDGExporter.checkValid(NDGExporter.java:122) INFO - Network Device Groups:Servidores_OMR_BKP NDG has shared key password

Should not be a show stopper, it should still let you know migrate.

Do you still get this:

32"

Regards,

Ed

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

check

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/cisco_secure_access_control_system/5-5/migration/guide/migration_guide/Appendix_D_Troubleshooting.html

i have issue , i migrated database from ACS 4.2 to 5.5 but some object didnt migrated. 

Some record are not in ACS 5.5 , it is missing . How to solve this and to i manage to restore complete database as it is to ACS  5.5 .

Lets same ne thing that didnt restored are rules  for users that link users and dynamic acl and so on 

Thanks

VZ

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: