cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Profile for Google Chromecast

Charlie Moreton
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Has anyone been able to get Chromecast profiled accurately in ISE 2.0?  This has been a thorn in my side and gets worse when the hostname is changed.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If copy and paste attributes to reply, I can determine specific reason for Linux profile, but expect it is NMAP providing a more generic lead on client OS in absence of other matching criteria.  The hostname is a best guess per the default config of the device.  If able to capture the user agent, then that should produce desired result.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Craig Hyps
Level 10
Level 10

The profile is currently based on two key attributes--DHCP hostname and HTTP user agent.  If not seeing either of these attributes appear in endpoint details, then make sure profiling configured to capture DHCP and/or Web traffic.  If seeing one or both of these attributes, respond with the values seen for OUI, DHCP hostname, and User Agent and current profile assignment.  Also, be sure you have Chromecast profile and it is enabled under Policy > Profiling > Profiler Policy List.

Craig,

It seems that the combination of DHCP Hostname and HTTP User Agent is the key.  However, when it hostname is changed, the Chromecast is profiled as a Linux Workstation.

If copy and paste attributes to reply, I can determine specific reason for Linux profile, but expect it is NMAP providing a more generic lead on client OS in absence of other matching criteria.  The hostname is a best guess per the default config of the device.  If able to capture the user agent, then that should produce desired result.